Saturday 23 June 2012

Puzzle #116: Tapa; Borderline

This a variant I thought of myself. I checked the TVC booklet and it didn't appear in it. So as far as I know it's original. It is a simple variant that I had attempted before. I couldn't make it work then. I think I wanted to make it too difficult then and couldn't get it to work. This one worked out. It's still tricky though. This one has all clues on a border between 2 cells. I do think it's just as easily possible to put the clues on nodes between four cells. I figured having to choose between 2 cells for the first one is difficult enough.

Rules for Tapa

Use standard Tapa rules. Additionally, each Tapa clue is located on a border between multiple cells. This Tapa clue belongs in one of these cells. Determine which cell the clue belongs in and solve the puzzle.



1 comment:

  1. I liked this variant. Simple enough rules, and nice possibilities.

    ReplyDelete